How To Play
Welcome to Top 3!™ In this lively game, you’ll match famous musicians to the three songs listed on each card. Let's play!
Be sure to scroll all the way down to see all the ways to play Top 3!™ Games: Original Game Play, Karaoke Style and Songs Galore!
Have you found another way to play Top 3!™? If so, we’d love to see it! Share your way to play here.
- Shuffle the cards.
- Designate a scorekeeper.
- Form teams with four (4) or fewer people.
- Select a Clue Giver. This person will rotate each round.
Original Game Play
Once the Clue Giver is selected, that person will grab a stack of cards while the opposing team flips the timer (A player from the opposing team should stand next to the Clue Giver to ensure the songs on the card are named).
Once the opposing team flips the timer, the Clue Giver will begin to read the song titles aloud while their team attempts to correctly guess the name of the artist who performs the songs listed on the card.
Once the team guesses the correct musician or decides to skip the artist, the Clue Giver flips the card over and repeats Step 2
Repeat steps 2-3 until the timer runs out.
At the end of each round, the scorekeeper will add the shaded dots at the bottom of the correctly answered cards.
One (1) point will be added to each opposing teams’ score for every skipped artist and every bad hint given by the Clue Giver.
How To Win
The team with the most points after nine (9) rounds wins!
Teams may choose to skip an artist. Each skipped artist will add one (1) point to each opposing team’s score.
If a team is stuck and doesn’t know the answer to a particular artist, the Clue Giver can give the following hints:
- Sing or hum the songs on the card. (Original Game Play)
- Hum a song NOT listed on the card. (Original Game Play)
- Use Cultural Music References. Hints like, “This artist is known as The Voice” (Whitney Houston), are accepted. Hints like, “This person is married to…” are not accepted. (All Game Styles)
- Tell the team which decade the artist was most popular. (All Game Styles)
- Say initials or say, "rhymes with…" (All Game Styles)
- Sing or say a song not listed on the card. (Original Game Play, Karaoke Style)
- Name any of the artist’s albums. (Original Game Play)
OTHER WAYS TO PLAY
Top 3!™ was designed to be played in multiple ways. Make it your own!
Get your vocals ready! Play the Original Way, and for every song on the card, if the team in play can collectively sing one line correctly, that team will receive one (1) additional point.
Teams potentially can earn up to three (3) extra points per round plus the points on the cards! Here's how:
- Guess the name of the artist correctly - receive the points on the card.
- Sing a line of each song listed on the card correctly to earn an extra point.
*If the team cannot name the artist but can sing a line from each song, they will only receive one (1) point per song.
Instead of guessing the artist on the card, the team will try to guess as many songs by that artist within one minute. The Clue Giver selects three (3) cards from the deck. Once the timer starts, the Clue Giver will say the name of the artist on the first card. The team will try to guess as many songs as possible until they exhaust all the songs they know from that artist. If time permits, the Clue Giver will move on to the artists on the other two cards. For every song guessed correctly, the team will receive one point. The Clue Giver cannot participate in naming songs but can hum songs they know by that artist.
Play Your Way
Have you found another way to play Top 3!™? If so, we’d love to see it! Share your way with us, on Twitter and Instagram @TheTop3Game, use #Top3Game or submit your way here.